NEET: An Overview
NEET is an all-India examination for getting admission into leading medical colleges and universities of the country. The NEET full form stands for National Eligibility and Entrance Test which is considered mandatory for filling up the medical seats in various medical colleges in India.
As per the recent order of the Supreme Court, NEET will be the only national-level examination that would be considered valid to be undertaken for filling the various All India Quota as well as the State Level Quota seats throughout the country. NEET is also eligible for gaining admission into the top private colleges and universities of India.
The NEET full form stands for National Eligibility and Entrance Test and requires certain eligibility criteria to be satisfied in order to sit for the exam. Here are some of them:
• The candidate should be 17 years or above or age as on 31st December, 2017.
• The candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
• They must have passed the subjects of Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, and English individually.
• With respect to the reserved class like SC/ST/OBC, the aggregate marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology in the HSC examination should be minimum 40%.
• The candidates applying for the NEET examination must be an INDIAN citizen.
• The upper age limit for the candidates applying for NEET examination should be 26 years of age as on 31st December, 2017.
• For the reserved candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC, there is a relaxation of 5 years in age eligibility.
All the candidates who meet these eligibility requirements can sit for the NEET examination.
NEET Exam Pattern
The exam spans the general topics of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The duration of the paper is 3 hours. The students can prepare well in advance to clear the NEET exam and to get admission in the top medical colleges in India.Now are u understood NEET Full Form.